Monday, May 30, 2011

All wrapped into one

Huh?  Oh...my fave flowers, fave stamp (Wendy Vecchi's background plaid), fave saying...just lots of faves today...Memorial Day.  Remembering those who have served and thankful for those who are currently serving our country.

What a challenge posted by the Simon Says Stamp & Blog...use your fave stamp?  What?  One? You've got to be kidding!  My faves seem to be the ones I'm currently using but I really am in love with this background stamp...embossed, watercolored, subtle, bold...doesn't matter.

This time I inked it up with Denim and Frayed Burlap Distress inks, stamped, then misted the paper for a slight runoff.  I overstamped the stars in Scattered Straw and Wild Honey Distress Inks; ditto for the alpha chart.  The text was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.  Whatever brown distress ink was on my blending tool was run around the edge of the page for my garden journal.

This patriotic planter graces my front walk.  The red flowers are begonias and impatiens.  The blues are Wishbone Flower and Lobelia while the white ones are Scaevola and Snowstorm Giant Snowflake.  I really didn't want to write all this down so look at the idea I had to help me remember it all.

I glued down a small envelope to hold all the plant markers.  One was too large so I adhered it to the back of the photo.  I hinged the photo so I could get to the info easily and quickly.  Think how fast this would have come to me if I had had a V-8!  lol

Stamp sets used:  Be Inspired...Make Art, Evidence of Art, Celestial Art, Well Worn Art

Happy Memorial Day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is so fun ... v 8 or no, I really like the card and I love your planter and what I like most of all is cards that include photos ... well done! And very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, putting the envelope behind the photo! I did something similar a year or two ago with my garden journal - it does come in handy, when you try to remember later on what worked (or didn't) in the garden.
    I love the background stamping - this all works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!Love the photo and the hidden writing-what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! V-8, you crack me up.. this is a great idea and great project, thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great - love that hinged photo idea, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog and sharing your favourite stamps with us. . Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete