Saturday, May 21, 2011

Old wives' tales

When I first read the title on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog I was completely taken aback.  How in the world was I going to come up with something that would fit the theme as well as incorporate the products I use most often?  Well, it didn't take too long after I started scouring the internet for some old wives' tales when I came up with ... hang a horsehoe over your door for good luck but don't put the flat bits pointing down or all your luck will fall out.
I started out with a 6x6 piece of chipboard and colored the sky and grass using the Distress Ink color blocking technique Tim has shown on the Ranger site.

Tim's dies: Branch tree, Rickety House, On the Fence, Mini Paper RosettesSmall Easel (holds it upright and is a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!);  Tim's embossing folders:  Wood Grain, Bricked;  Tim's stamps:  Birds (Lost & Found)

Ranger:  Blues, Greens, Pumice Stone, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, Broken China, Vintage Photo Distress Inks; Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint; Pebble Paint Dabber

Misc: Horseshoe punch, green Flower Soft, lace

So much angst for nothing!

9 comments:

  1. THIS IS FAB,
    LOVE THE COLOURS,
    THE DIES YOU HAVE USED ARE GRATE,
    kAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your interpretation came out really cool! Hopefully with the rain coming I can go and make some art. I really like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work i absolutely adore this
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan. Your 6x6 chipboard for the old wives' tale about hanging a horseshoe upside down over a door is really cute. Lots of work went into this one! I hope you've also entered it into Grungy Monday, since you're using the color block background. This whole piece is really cute and well done. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome Susan! I love the theme you used for the old wives tale, it's perfect! Really, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "U" horseshoe but please tell how you did that tree!?!??! I think I see some of the rays folder but what else? You have ROCKED whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just great - loving the creativity and textures (Fab tree)- so much to look at. The birds and sun look wonderful.
    Thank you very much for taking part on our Challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete