Sunday, May 22, 2011

Distress inks, water and NO paint brush

Hey, would love to see more Wendy Vecchi fans join our Yahoo group!  We're having lots of fun with weekly (usuallyart challenges and periodic swaps.  This week the challenge is to create art using the card that can be found in Wendy's first book on page 22.  Wendy used the brushless water color technique.  There are several ways you can achieve this look...all fun and easy.

I smeared Crushed Olive and Forest Moss Distress Inks on Wendy's background stamp from Rose Art Part 2.  Stamped on watercolor paper the white was too stark a contrast for me so I added blue distress ink (whatever was on my blending tool) around the edges then gently misted.  Love this!  A bit of purple distress ink (again, whatever was on my blending tool) around the edges and I was happy.

Next I stamped the words (Just Word Art) in Jet Black Archival Ink then went over them with Glossy Accents (you can't tell it in the photo) and added some black pen stitching around the edges before layering the art on some ATC-sized black cardstock.

So simple, even a caveman could do it!  lol

3 comments:

  1. LOL on the caveman.... you could teach them more than a thing or two! Love the soft look of those leave/vines, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww man, all my distress inks are in Michigan. Will you keep on doing lots of distress inks for awhile? I hope so! This is super cool. I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, good Geico commercial, lol! Love this piece Susan, great job with the tech, and thanks for joining the MAC!

    ReplyDelete