Friday, May 13, 2011

By the numbers...2, 4, 3x3

A twofer!!!  Thank goodness Simon Says Stamp & Show Blog and the Grungy Monday 06 challenges would work out for a two-fer because I've been plenty busy this week.  A funeral took me out of town for 2 days, I've spread 6 cubic yards of mulch, finished planting my veggie & herb garden, planted a lot of perennials and quite a few hanging baskets and planters, attended an out-of-town college graduation and have another one this weekend as well as a class with Wendy Vecchi (yes!).  I'll be heading to nw IL shortly for some stops along the way before reaching my destination.  Oh, my entry?  Sure, guess I'd better share now before I bog you down with any more details you don't really care to hear.  Sorry!

My 3x3 Sticky notepad cover started out as a 8 1/2"x  4 1/8" tag.  The weathered wood technique in greens and browns is the background (inside and out), then added more Tim stamps, foliage and Maya Road flower to decorate inside and out.

Ranger products:  Lettuce, Gold Pigment Ink; Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain Distress Inks; Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder; Sepia, Coffee, Jet Black Archival Inks

Tim stamps:  Nature's Elements, Nature's Moments

Now maybe I won't have to search so hard for paper when I need to jot down an idea or add to my shopping wish list!

12 comments:

  1. So glad blogger is working again and I can get to see this! It is gorgeous.
    Have a great time at the weekendat your Wendy class, I am only a little bit (ahem) jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I really admire your work and love this little book. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable, love the ickle flower, and is that corner stamp one of tim's.. i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a creative (and hard-working) lady. The effect and faded corners look so good on your book. Relish that Wendy class - all sounds busy but you are definitely living what you stamp - way to go!
    Sarah at 35

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan. Your book cover is beautiful. Love the faded corners and how you attached the pencil. Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the best looking sticky pad holder I have ever laid eyes on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Susan!! Great way to use a tag!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Susan, totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, your little notepad is just gorgeous! What a great way to incorporate the GM technique! The soft colors really give it an antique feel, and the stamping is perfect. Love this!

    Ooh, can't wait to hear about your class with THE Wendy Vecchi!!!

    ReplyDelete