Sunday, May 1, 2011

Button, button, who's got the button?

Remember that childhood game?  No matter, but you can still trot on over to the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog where they're challenging participants to use buttons in their art.  I've had this idea brewing in my head for awhile and now seemed the perfect time to try it out. 

Using Wendy Vecchi's new Clearly For Art (clear) I created a bracelet cuff.  I stamped Wendy's floral stamp (Make Mine Mini Art) in Sepia and Olive Archival Inks.  I heat set the inks before punching holes for the buttons and forming the cuff. 

I created a plaid pattern on manilla cardstock (Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo) then overstamped with Wendy's alphabet background stamp (Art-fully Said) in Sepia Archival Ink.  A bit of Glossy Accents between the Hero Arts button blanks and the cardstock held the 2 layers together.  Let dry; punch the button holes and sand off the cardstock using an emery board.  The buttons are sewn to the cuff with gold cord.  The final touch was the Gold Paint Dabber applied to the edges of the cuff. 



Since I'm not a big jewelry wearer this lightweight bracelet cuff is just my style.  With 3 college graduations and 1 8th grade promotion this month, I'm sure this will be seen on my wrist at least once!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan, this looks so neat. What a fab idea!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very COOL idea! Wow! So creative and wonderful! And thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan very artistic and it looks absolutely beautifull, thank you for sharing your fab bracelet with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Susan! Love it!! I've got to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well how sweet is this? such a clever take on the button challenge!

    ReplyDelete