Thursday, May 19, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow...

nah, no rainbow today but some filtered sun and warmer temps.  Just nice enough to powerwash the deck and screened in patio so they're ready to use when we do get some nice weather.

Over on the EWV I hosted an Over the Rainbow ATC swap and assigned each participant a color.  I did a cover ATC and added 2 more colors to the rainbow...brown and black.  My ATCs are off-white or white and layered onto a black ATC.  The brown one is actually on a canvas ATC.  The collection will be put into a tag booklet but haven't had an opportunity to get that done.

All stamps are by Wendy Vecchi (except the date stamp), all inks are by Ranger and the Typeset die is one of Tim's (love it!!!).  I bought an old typewriter at a flea market and thought this was the perfect time to use it.  Yes, there are typos, and no, I don't care.  They add to the uniqueness of my art.  The pen nib is also a flea market find.




I'm off to enjoy my outdoor canvas...finished planting all annuals, perennials and last minute additions to my herb and veggie garden.  I love making art outdoors as much as I do indoors!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, these are gorgeous. I would not think you could achieve such great results with the color palette you used, but I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ATC's, just sorry I wasn't able to sign up for this one... maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been one of the fortunate ones to receive these, I can say with all honesty that they are as spectacular in person as they are here!

    ReplyDelete