Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time began in a garden

We have severe weather again and plenty, plenty of rain...at least another 2" after 4" the other day.  My backyard is beginning to look like a swamp and some of my garden statuary has even floated to a different location within the rock bed.  Raging river...a river runs through it...you name it.  But, it's a perfect day to Make Art!

Over on the EWV Yahoo group we've been challenged to create a piece using Wendy's art from Book One, Page 26.  Specifically, we need to include a horizontal ATC and a chipboard circle and use at least one of Wendy's stamps.  I decided to create a page for my garden journal (you can see the cover in my post from May 15). 

I covered a 5 1/2" x 5 3/4" piece of chipboard with some cardstock, distressed the edges with distress ink and added black penstitching.  From my pressed flowers box I found what I'm guessing to be a Black-eyed Susan, or something similar, and made my own slide to house it.  Wendy's leaves were stamped in Gold Paint Dabber onto black shrink plastic. 

The ATC is more chipboard on which I stamped a background image in Snow Cap pigment ink, heat set then rubbed the Peeled Paint Distress Stain across the surface.  More distress inks are on the edge.

The chipboard circle was painted with the Gold Paint Dabber before I stamped Wendy's clock face in Jet Black Archival Ink.  Tim's Idea-ology spinner works well for the clock hands.  More chipboard was colored and stamped with Wendy's belt for the watch band.

An EKSuccess Photo Labels punch was cut out of chipboard, distressed with green ink then stamped Wendy's text in Sepia Archival Ink.  The leafy stem is by Sizzix and was distressed with plenty of green and brown inks.  Love the Dymo Caption Maker for creating interesting text spots! 

Wendy's stamp sets:  Rose Art Part 2, Let Your Art Have Wings, Gentleman's Art, A Form of Art

4 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty, Susan! Guess I better get working on this one, huh?
    Hope you have a relaxing, fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really awesome! Love how you interpreted the challenge, this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful layers and components... love this, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend a rainy day. Almost makes you want more rain? No, I guess not. Your journal page is really very pretty. Makes me want to do something with all the atcs I make and then use as lumpy bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete