Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gardening...another way to express your artistic talents

If you've been following my blog you know that I'm creating a gardening journal to track what I planted this year, photos of said flowers, veggies and herbs, notes and quotes...whatever floats my boat...as long as it pertains to the art of gardening.  I'm hoping to do as many challenges as I can within this journal...a twofer of sorts.

The lovely Linda from Studio L3 is hosting Grungy Monday.  'Tis now the 9th challenge and she's chosen the Shabby Chic technique that Tim Holtz shared in his Christmas tags from 2007, Day 10.  He said the technique could be done on cardstock painted black or on black cardstock.  I tried it on the black cardstock but don't think the images are as crisp and clear as they could be.  Be that as it may, here's my entry for the challenge, a landscape of sorts.
My stamps are from Tim's sets, Spring Sprung and Urban Grunge.  My page, the frame and the butterfly all use the shabby chic technique.

Ranger acrylic paint dabbers:  Mushroom, Clover, Lettuce, Sailboat Blue, Cloudy Blue, Gold, Red Pepper, Butterscotch, Terra Cotta

Ranger:  Rock Candy Distress Stickles

Computer-generated sentiment: Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as the paint, and the soil and sky as the canvas --- working with nature provides the technique.   ---  Elizabeth Murray

11 comments:

  1. wow, what a great background! those colors add such layers in there! beautifull :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - great set of stamps - one I need in my collection, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the way you used this technique - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece, Susan! Love the stamps you used, and that butterfly is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautiful scene Susan! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a subtle and wonderful background...love how this has turned out. The frame looks just perfect - a fabulous creation again.
    Sarah at 47

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background, really has a lot of depth. very cool and very nice, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the layer of Lettuce gives the look of a row of trees in the background, and the frame - it looks especially wonderful w/this technique!
    Debbie C

    ReplyDelete