Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Distress Ink-O-Rama

What could be more up my alley than a challenge to use distress ink!?!!?  Yup, that's the theme on the Grungy Monday site over at Studio L3.  As you know, Tim is the man behind the idea for this super wonderful ink that I simply must use on each and every project I make.  Fortunately there are plenty of colors to choose from, including creating some new ones of your own with the blending tool.

I haven't used the Burnt Edge technique in a while so I thought this would be the opportune time to make use of the brown and black palette of distress inks.  Ranger also makes wonderful archival inks (Coffee, Jet Black) and dye inks (Adirondack Rust) that were used on the tag. 

Stamps used: Studio 490...Tools for Art and A Form of Art and Tim's Artful Artifacts

I stamped the ink bottle twice, once on kraft paper, the other on blue paper then cut out the label from the one on blue paper.  Glossy Accents was spread on the bottle before adding the distressed label. 

A vintage pen nib finishes off the art.





I know, I know...I could have used this as a two-fer because over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog the challenge is to use a tag in your art.  However, I enjoy distress inks and tags so much I decided to create a separate piece for their challenge.  You can check in tomorrow or Friday to see that entry.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Susan! I love the way you did the bottle, especially the labeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Susan. I really like the bottle and the touch of red lettering in the upper corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great tag. It looks a vintage tag from the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I'm just about ready to use that on a project.. great minds and all... love this technique, and it looks FABULOUS with those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the aged/vintage look of your tag. Great colors and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely the perfect colours and shading for these great stamps - love the vintage feel.
    Sarah at 46 on GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, isn't Distress Ink the best stuff in the world? I just LOVE this tag-- it's such a perfect vintage work of art, and the Burnt Edge technique looks spectacular! I love the metal pen nib-- it adds such great dimension, and the glossy bottle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know how to rock your distress inks already! this is awesomely lovely!

    ReplyDelete