Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome to my home

Thought I'd share another garden journal page with you.  This page was made based on a challenge over on the EWV Yahoo group.  Wendy's inspiration piece can be found in Book One, Page 34.  From this we're to use rickrak, ball chain, and a circle on a square.

I stamped the floral background stamp (Rose Art Part 2) in Stormy Sky Distress Ink; the clock (RAP2) and leaves - as wings - (Forever Art) in Jet Black Archival Ink on some polished stone paper I'd make sometime way back when.  That's a TH game spinner on the clock.
The four corners are from Tim's paper stash and helped stifle the brightness of the blue rickrack.  I took some of my recently shot garden photos and printed them out in index size then backed them in black.  The photos are of the 3 entry ways to our home.  I prefer perennials to annuals but nothing perks up a bare spot like a great pot of annuals. 

I spend as much time in my garden as I can.  We've transformed the lawnscape into something quite colorful over the few years we've been in our home.  Not done yet, but one only has enough energy and funds to do a bit at a time.

If you can't visit me in person, at least you can see what would greet you if you did!

P.S.  Why can't Blogger work out its bugs?  Why doesn't Blogger do WYSIWYG on the screen?  Nothing like formatting one way only to see it posted another.  And when I look at my blog on my dh's computer it's formatted completely different from mine.  Heavy sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Susan! Great colors to compliment your flower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that garden journal page. Gorgeous colours, and a great one for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is beautiful, Susan. Love that you used photos from your garden to complement the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome way to incorporate the challenge elements, Susan! Love how you did this, and what a spectacular way to record your work in the garden!

    ReplyDelete