Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spring has sprung

Okay, beyond sprung but that's the stamp set I used to create my Tim Holtz May tag for the 12 Tags of 2012.  At least today the temperature is what it should be for this time of year.

Word stick, long fastener, film strip ribbon

UTEE; Walnut Stain & Tea Dye distress inks; Monarch Orange, Saffron, Library Green, Olive, Sap Green, Jet Black archival inks; Bundled Sage distress stain; Terra Cotta paint dabber

I restamped the floral border image on the film strip ribbon using Library Green archival ink.  Terra Cotta paint was smushed into the word stick then carefully wiped away the excess paint so the paint would remain in the recessed letters.

With a foil 'cup' I improvised so I could create the porcelain flower technique.   Don't you think that rabbit's paws are just crying out to carry something???

5 comments:

  1. What a great take on the May tag! I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!! And a flower is the perfect thing for the rabbit to carry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan, I love your spin on this! The flower in his paw is the crowing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of the rabbit stamp and the filmstrip tape!! Great flower and background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative take on the May tag!!!

    ReplyDelete