Monday, May 21, 2012

Grungy and cool

Okay, it hit 93 today (3rd day in a row of 90+) and it's not even summer yet!  I am definitely feeling grungy cuz we haven't turned on the a/c yet but the breezes and opening/closing of windows has made it bearable...just.  And I'm definitely not feeling cool!  So I figured maybe some art would help me cool off, or at least forget how warm I felt.  We're in the 6th week of the 2nd Compendium book challenges.  No way!  Linda chose the Tissue Wrap Collage (pg. 38) and she has a new sponsor, The Funkie Junkie.

I chose Winter Sketchbook stamp set, Winter Wonder Sizzix die and Terminology Tissue Wrap as my base ingredients.

Distress Markers:  Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood, Black Soot

Distress Ink:  Shaded Lilac, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Chipped Sapphire

Distress Stain:  Picket Fence

Archival Ink:  Jet Black

Dabbers:  Denim, Cloudy Blue

Grungeboard

5 comments:

  1. Think we are about to borrow a little of your heat here this week as they are finally offering us temps in the 20's (centigrade) so may hit the 70's f, this week! Love your snowman and your crinkle has worked much better than mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hot here too. :( I have turned on the ac tho - I can't take the heat + humidity!

    Your tag is a welcome bit of coolness! Love the snowflake under the tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag. This snowman is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hasn't been too bad here but it's warming up all week. Your tag is wonderful!!! I love all the shading you have on the snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd call this the perfect way to cool off, Susan! It's a gorgeous wintery work of artistic goodness, and a great piece for CC2 #6. Thanks so much for sharing this SUPER cool art!

    ReplyDelete