Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Nursing Week!

From time to time I'm commissioned by my neighbor to make a card.  But I've never been asked by a family member so I was really nervous about handling this request.  My brother-in-law's wife (my sister) is a school nurse and today school nurses are being recognized for their contributions within the educational community. 

I only had 1 nurse stamp and had used it before during Nursing Week.  I called upon my on-line network of friends and several came to my rescue with ideas and images they stamped and sent me.  Here are a few of the cards I created.  I wasn't sure what my b-i-l had in mind, perhaps he didn't either except that apparently Hallmark doesn't know about this event  and he didn't want a generic 'thank you' card.

The first one has a chalkboard appearance (white gel pen on black cardstock).  Do you see the piece of chalk in the nurse's hand?  It's a toothpick cut to size (sort of) and painted white.













This one uses gauze in place of ribbon.  I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.

Purple and gold are our school colors.  'Nuff said.  I cut the frame using a Spellbinders oval die.














I colored the mercury bit with red permanent marker then covered the thermometer with Glossy Accents, cut it out and added foam strips to the back for dimension.










This is the inside of the card.  Again, 'nuff said.












So to all my nursing friends, enjoy your week.  You've certainly earned it in my book!  You're an important part of every healthcare team!

No comments:

Post a Comment