Thursday, May 10, 2012

Art chick, what's that on your forehead?

After a recent post using Studio 490's eye from An Eye For Art it was mentioned that it might make for an interesting cyclops look on the art chick from Art Rules.  I sort of double-dog dared the commenter but thus far she's not taken me up on the dare.  Since this week's challenge on the EWV yahoo group was to create a Wendy-style ATC I thought why not take the dare myself?
I started out with a black ATC from Ranger.  I stamped the grid background using the Studio 490 stamp from the Art Rules set in clear embossing ink then dumped Zing! embossing powder in Neon Orange over it.  I'm glad I didn't full ink up the stamp; the uninked spots add interest.  Heat set.  Wow, that's rather neon.  So I smeared some Coffee archival ink in places and that toned down the bright just right.

Next I stamped the art chick (Studio 490  Art Rules) in Jet Black archival ink on watercolor paper.  Colored her with distress stains.  Ditto for the eye and text (Studio 490  An Eye For Art).  Her lips were coated with Glossy Accents and the large eye was coated with Crackle Accents.  Once dry I smeared brown and green distress inks into the cracks.  I just LOVE that eye stamp!

On the text stamp I also stamped the word 'vision' (Studio 490 An Eye For Art) in green ink then wrote over it in Glossy Accents.  Once dry I was able to add more color so the single word looks more ghostly. 

I glued the head and eye down, attached the box using Tim's tiny attacher and added some brads which I sanded and pounded to age/distress them.  The sheer ribbon was colored with Coffee archival ink then heat set where it curled and burned a bit. 

Thank you, Lori, for helping me to think outside the box on this challenge!

7 comments:

  1. Love this! I missed the email with this challenge, must go and check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! What a fantastic ATC!! Way to go, thinking outside the box!! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining the MAC, I'm still chuckling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you got that cool background. This is a cool ATC. Hoping to join in the challenge this time. Spent a long weekend in DC so no creative time. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's great, Susan! Love the 3rd eye and that grid background is a wonderful base. Hope your compadre takes the dare ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, i love this!! I feel like she's staring at me as i type!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful susan..beautiful art
    and I love the new photo of you..you are beautiful!

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete