Saturday, February 26, 2011

Life is...

all about making time for another Compendium challenge!  This week we're playing with metal and alcohol inks. 

I started off with a tag that I had stained with coffee grounds.  The tag almost looks burnt in some places - a really cool effect!  I stamped Tim's image (Just Thoughts) in Black archival ink and colored in some of the letters with permanent markers.  Glossy Accents was applied over those letters.  Along the edge I stamped a mini harlequin border (Artful Things) with Versamark.  I brushed Capuccino Perfect Pearls over the border and brushed off the extra, making sure to wipe off heavier in some spots.

The house is air dry clay that I cut with a cookie cutter then pressed into an embossing folder.  I distressed the edges with Black Soot then added Black Soot and silver Rub & Buff to the embossed portion.  The edges of the tag were also distressed with Black Soot.  The pen nibs (a neat find at an antique store) were treated to the technique that can be found on page 56.

9 comments:

  1. I have to come to some of your antique shops!
    Great tag, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag Susan. I like the rainbow at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Susan! I love those pen nibs, great idea for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag! those pen nibs are awesome, cannot wait until all of Tim's releases are out so I can get some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Susan! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Susan... I love what you did with the pen nibs as well as the little bits of colored in art on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous colors! love every part of your tag, looks like you used the pens to create the stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Susan, this is spectacular@ I LOVE what you did with those little pen nibs! GREAT use of the challenged technique! The stamping is fabulous and the little clay house is adorable. You did such a wonderful job on CCC 33!

    ReplyDelete