Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March is

madness if you are a fan of college basketball, the Ides arrive, St. Patrick's Day, 1st day of spring and National Nutrition Month.  Betcha didn't know about that one, did you? 

I have a card-of-the-month program that's been ongoing for a number of years.  Twenty family members and friends, often shut-ins, receive a card every month from me.  The cards are all the same which means I can mass-produce on an assembly line fairly quickly...once I have my idea.  That's usually the hard part.  Thank goodness for funky daily calendars - there's a holiday for every day of the year - gotta love 'em!

The stamps are from a A Stamp in the Hand and were colored using Tombow markers and huffing or breathing heavily onto the stamps to reactivate the ink.  No matter which term you use it still sounds dirty or disgusting!

The front sentiment was computer generated while the inside sentiment was stamped 'Eat your veggies'.  I made it a point to add that catsup was not considered a vegetable.

What???  No Ranger ink or distressing???  Oh yeah, I used Black archival ink to stamp the description of each veggie.  Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card .. especially the color on the celery. 20 sounds like you might get to be a little lightheaded huffing on that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool idea, Susan! And very humorous post, btw! lol! I got a good chuckle... love the card!

    ReplyDelete