Saturday, March 26, 2011
Scallop frame and a grungepaper flower
The scallop frame was sent to me; I just inked up the sueded surface with Pumice Stone DI and added some dots along the edge. The blue-toned backing is from Tim's 'Shabby Chic' paper stash and has the background image from Wendy's Funky Flower Art stamped in Coffee Archival ink over it.
The grungepaper flower (same set) was colored with Broken China but I didn't like that so I added Sunshine Yellow and Butterscotch pigment inks as well as a shimmery spray.
The chipboard key was painted black then covered with Peeled Paint Distress Crackle Paint and hit again with black ink. The leaves are a set of wings that are now blue and turquoise. I think it was a drunken technique from last year. Makes a great set of leaves when you're trying to use some pre-made items that you haven't thrown away because they're too good for that. lol
The sentiment (same set) was stamped in Black Archival ink on a coffee stained tag. I think the little blackbird is a Martha Stewart punch.
I was really wanting something brighter and cheerier to match the daffodils blooming outside but that obviously didn't happen. Seeing any sort of blooming flowers right now makes me happy. Grungepaper ones will have to do for now.
By the way, I was quite skeptical that this would work but after much effort (even developing a blister) of adding hot water and stirring, I was finally able to get all my (old style) paint dabbers reconstituted. Some were rock hard so I was surprised at those the most. Of course, my favorite colors were the most affected by the drying out. I can only think that time and lack of use caused them to harden or dry up. All is well now, that's all that matters.