Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I do

Written in a child's hand on the back of this 1893 photo of my paternal great-grandparents' wedding day photo is a description of the clothing and colors.  Hence, my going 'green' with this show some love project for the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog.  Catherine's dress was green, as were the flowers on the bow at the neckline.

Somewhere along the way, I snapped up this very inexpensive blonde wood frame with a high gloss finish.  Ick!  So not me! Let's get down to business.  I attacked it with sandpaper, Lettuce pigment ink, Peeled Paint crackle paint, Pesto color wash, and a wash of Espresso paint and water.  Voila! 

I made my own mat which also helped determine the color scheme of coral, brick, gray and denim.  I used some Maya Road chipboard letters and colored them with Mountain Rose Adirondack ink, Rock Candy Crackle Paint and Walnut Stain distress ink.

Using a P22 Cezanne font (purchased on a CD, not the one that comes with Microsoft), I created standard wedding vows (bottom of frame) and tags that note the date and place of the wedding (upper left hand corner).  Both were treated to brown distress inks, water and crumpling in my hand.  A Maya Road pin secures the tags to the chipboard flourish.  They were treated with Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, and Frayed Burlap distress inks and the gold paint dabber.

After punching many flowers and leaves (all Martha Stewart) I edged them with brown distress inks and shaped each one with a ball-shaped stylus or my fingers.  Several sizes of flat-backed gold rhinestone stickers from Recollections form the flower centers.  Some got an overspray of gold perfect pearls.

The heart is air-dry clay, finger shaped, and coated with brown distress inks and the gold paint dabber.  The rings I found in the clearance aisle at Michaels.  Ditto for the wedding bells; I stained the ribbon with Butterscotch, Terra Cotta and Espresso color washes.

Here are 2 close-ups of the upper left hand and lower right hand corners.  I love how the stem of tiny buds on the right came out. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. You are so detail oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan! This is sooooo wonderful!! All of the details - wow!! This is truly an heirloom piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful piece susan. I love how you dressed up that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love each and every detail! And those flowers...oy! So many, but so beautiful! Love the image of your great grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete