Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The heart can hold a multiple of dreams

Fortunately the 3rd challenge on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group is for 2 weeks because I certainly needed more than the usual one week to come up with a plan and then execute it.  Never knew incorporating a heart and costume jewelry onto a hanging piece of art would cause me such consternation and  I don't like to look at the inspiration piece until I'm done and have posted my version. 

I started out with a chipboard tag covered with scrapbook paper (unknown manufacturer).  I quickly dispatched with the clean look by sanding, not cutting, around the edges and applying plenty of Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress inks.

Six of Wendy's stamps sets came into play.  The sentiment comes from In Love With Art; the heart is from Love To Make Art; one of the leaves, the medium and the large flower are from Dimensional Rose Art;  Rose Art Part 2 provided one of the backgrounds on the flower layers as well as the small flower; Let Your Art Have Wings provided another background on a flower layer as well as the 2nd leaf; while another background layer and the scroll/flourish came from Art By The Number.

I stamped the 3 sizes of flowers in Black archival ink onto a sheet of reddish scrapbook paper by Carolee's Creations.  A different background stamp was used on each layer (Crimson arch ink).  The edges were distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink then crumpled up.  The flower center is an old earring. 

Using the same paper as from the flowers, I stamped the heart in Blk Arch Ink and distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The leaves were stamped in Blk arch ink on green cardstock, a background stamped over them in Olive arch ink, distressed with Walnut Stain and cut out before running an embossing tool around the edges and along the veins to create dimension.

The scroll/flourish was stamped at the bottom in Blk arch ink.  I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, glued it to chipboard, cut apart the words then distressed each with Walnut Stain.  I also stamped 'dreams' onto the red paper and cut out just the 'D' for another elevation.

The heart, scroll/flourish and leaves were highlighted using a gold ballpoint pen.  The hanger is a Christmas ornament hanger that I found on clearance.

8 comments:

  1. Susan, I don't understand your 'angst' - this is absolutely beautiful & you are so very creative, I'm sure it didn't really take you long to come up with this nor to create it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is GORGEOUS. I love the flower, particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation and I just love the colour combination. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece. Oranges are not in the color scheme I use much but when I see it used I love it. Great saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous piece, Susan, I just love it! Love the shape of the hanging, the flower, the center, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete