Friday, February 11, 2011

And the answer is...

...live in the moment.  Ah, something we often forget in our hurry-up lives today.  I really struggled with this tag for the Compendium of Curiosities challenge featuring Rusted Enamel.  Love the technique but found it hard to figure out what I was going to do with it.  I was very tempted to leave it bare but thought that wouldn't cut it.
I chose the color (Crushed Olive and Walnut Stain) for my technique without any thought of what it might inspire.  Because it's such a cool technique I wanted to use something that wouldn't hide it so I stamped Tim's sheet of paper (School Desk) in black archival ink onto a plastic scrap of packaging.   
The photograph stamp in the background is by Rubber Moon.  The ink bottle (Peddler's Pack) was stamped in black on grungeboard and covered with Glossy Accents.  The pen nib was purchased at an antique store...quite a lot of them for not much money.

Life is short...please make the most of it.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this technique so much, I think it would look great on it's own, personally!
    Love your take on it, and the pen nib is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I felt the same way on my first tag! It came together very nicely, and I love those pen nibs; too funny that Tim has added them to his ideology line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag! I love the ink bottle and the pen nib, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am admiring your tag. I have to agree with you...the challenge technique this week results in such a beautiful surface, it could almost stand on its own. Did T!m get his pen nib idea from you? lol Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Susan! Love all the elements, and great idea to use the translucent paper! That pen nib is really cool...you're ahead of your time, I mean Tim. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, what a beautiful reminder to Be Here Now! Your rusted enamel technique is FABULOUS, and the design you created is wonderful. I love that notebook paper and the ink well and pen nib. The image behind the paper is GREAT!

    Thanks for lifting my spirits with your sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tag Susan! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag! I was with you on the bare tag, I found it hard to figure out what to put onto it. Love the technique too, yours turned out so cool. The plastic scrap looks amazing, gorgeous embellishments. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in. I struggled with what to put on mine too. I love what you did. It is so beautiful. Your way of using the acetate over the picture was brilliant. It adds so much depth.Terrific embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete