Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rain, rain

Well, our forecast says a chance of light rain.  It will probably take away the last remnants of our snow, except for the really big piles.  :(

Over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog this week's theme is to create a tag.  Now, if you've been following my blog you know this is NOT a problem.  In fact, I love this size & shape and have even been using them on card fronts.

While rummaging through a drawer, I found the waterproof tag from a garment or footwear, don't remember, not important.  Hmmm...that could work with Umbrella Man.  And I just happened to find a piece of sheet music entitled 'Umbrella Man' so I was off and running with my idea. 

First I made a mess on my craft sheet with ink pads and sprays then dipped my tag into it.  Umbrella Man was heat embossed onto black cardstock.  The sheet music was scanned, shrunk, distressed.  The Sizzix cloud was cut out of shrink plastic; the sentiment was created using a label maker. 

Tomorrow you'll see another take on Umbrella Man on my tag for the CCC challenge, Inking and Stamping Masks.  Sure can't wait for this new die to appear on the retail market.  Cutting him out isn't always the easiest thing to do, as many of you know.

3 comments:

  1. Very cleverly done Susan! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Brilliant idea to use that tag! Brilliant! Love this tag, Susan, thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week Susan, thank you for showing us your fabulous tag. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete