EverythingWendyVecchi yahoo group. Our list mom is choosing projects from Wendy's first 3 books as inspiration for all who want to play along. No copying of Wendy's projects is allowed but it sure is fun taking the basic idea and turning it into our own creation! Last week Wendy even gave away a copy of Book 4!!!!! There may be periodic prizes for randomly chosen winners but I do it for the sheer pleasure of using Wendy's stamps.
I covered a piece of chipboard with some leftover scrapbook paper then stamped Wendy's alphabet background (Art-fully Said) in Sepia archival ink on it. After smearing White Picket Fence crackle paint over the background I inked Old Paper distress ink over the entire piece, wiping off the excess. Silver paint was applied to the edges of the chipboard along with a little bit of Black Soot distress ink.
Wendy's pigment resist technique was used on the three flowers. And I got the technique to work the first time! Must have had quite a few muses sitting on my shoulders! Ha ha! The purple ones use her dots background stamp (All About Art) and Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord distress inks while the larger flower has the gridded flowers background (Alphabetically Art) and Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge distress inks. A Bazzill bosher provides a center layer on the larger flower. Gold brads became white enamel ones by patting them with Snow Cap pigment ink then dunking them in white embossing powder before heat setting them (twice).
The chipboard leaf flourish was stamped first with the background stamp (Art Fit For A Queen) in Espresso pigment ink . Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss distress inks were applied over that. I pen stitched on the flowers and leaf flourish with a black pen. The small hand I made with air dry clay using some molds that I've had sitting around for a l-o-n-g time.
I tried Tim's Rusted Enamel technique on the label holder using Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo distress inks. Oh my, I was tickled pink with the results! In real life it really does look like rusty enamel! The word 'imagine' is from Wendy's Alphabetically Art set. I stamped it on scrap paper in Black archival ink but purposely ran my finger across it immediately to slightly smear the image, making it appear aged or distressed. I smashed the brads so they'd be distressed, too. Better them than me!
Hope my take on this challenge encourages you to play along with us. If you want to see the inspiration piece it can be found on page 23 of Book One. I purposely haven't looked at it...yet...because I didn't want to be swayed by Wendy's version.