Monday, April 5, 2010

Purs-onally yours


Here's a chipboard purse I made recently for one of my EWV friend's birthday. The chipboard purse was from Michaels and actually one of 5 pages. The chipboard heart, buckle and label came in a package from JoAnn's. I created the faux leather strap out of grungepaper, distress ink and crackle medium. The chipboard buckle also has distress ink and crackle medium used on it. Stamps are all Wendy's; the spinner is Tim's. All inks by Ranger. The base paper is actually from a 6"x6" pad (came with the neat handwriting on it!) that fit the purse perfectly - not much cutting out to do. A bit of distressing ink around the edges finished off the purse. This piece makes me want to go shopping so I can make more art!

8 comments:

  1. Great title! Love the littler flowers with the rose, really makes the rose pop! That background paper is really COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just plain incredible. I love how you used the Wendy/Tim elements on this standard template base. Catchy title on your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cool...I have the purse chipboards from Michaels that I haven't used...now I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, Susan! My granddaughters would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susan,

    This is a special "birthdaycard" for a friend !
    You have made a real nice grungepaper rose ( I made some too, but it's not so easy to make them really good looking )

    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool purse Susan. Have fun with Lori and Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the lucky new owner of this gorgeous shopping bag. Thanks for sending it all the way over the pond to make my birthday special.
    It is decorating the door to my craft room now, to entice me to enter, I love it.
    Thanks again Susan
    hugs
    Alexandra from bonny Scotland

    ReplyDelete