Friday, April 16, 2010

Birdland


In the EverythingWendyVecchi yahoo group we're making mini banners to swap. They're 3.5" wide by 5" long. For this one I stamped the bird on grungepaper with sepia ink and edged the bird's belly in blue. Ditto for the wing. The sentiment was stamped on cardstock then cut out; edged with one of the brown distress inks; elevated with a snippet of grungepaper. The background was createdby inking up my craft sheet with denim blue and butterscotch inks then oversprayed with one of the gold Perfect Pearls & water in a mini mister. To reinforce the banner for hanging I used color coordinated eyelets.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...I hope I get this one! he he! I LOVE IT! This is fabulouso, Susan! Is the "wing" a new leaf from a new set? Doesn't look familiar to me. But I absolutely love that! Stamping the bird with Sepia and edging with blue is brill. I just love the background, too! Did you stamp the plaid with the Denim and the QAL with Butterscotch then? And I just never think to stamp the sentiments, then cut them out, looks fabby. Did I mention I want this one? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're sharing yours here, Susan ... you are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete