Wednesday, April 27, 2016

T 4 2

Tea for two...and time to focus on the good times we have right now.  Hubby is having more health issues, including another site responding positive to cancer testing, so this seemed like a rather good message to have on this month's version of Tim Holtz' Technique Remix of paint resist and faux mosaic.


Surfaces:  manila tag, distress woodgrain cardstock (cool idea!), chipboard, paper scraps, blank sheet of newspaper

Ranger:  distress inks, distress stains, distress paints, Collage Medium - Vintage

Sizzix:  doily, mini cups, Typo Upper

Embellishments:  Harrod's tea bag package, metal corner, ribbon, watch face, tiny brad, spinner, Vial Label, Remnant Rubs, Small Talk sticker

I had to improvise to create the grout, glue and sealer but think I achieved the look.  The scraps were cut quite small and not easy to pick up.  It's not a technique I'll use often...way too fiddly for these arthritic hands...but fun to try.  And until you've tried something, you have no idea if it's your cup of tea or not!

So I'll raise my pinky to better days ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about another cancer site for your hubster! That makes your tag and your message very poignant and something I need to focus on with my friend too!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete