Friday, April 1, 2016

Life is simple

Don't you just LOOOOVE this Repeating Quilt Stencil by Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490????  Here I've chosen Broken China and Crushed Olive to illustrate the look when the stencil is rotated.  I colored the solid bird/branch with distress markers (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo), misted it then stamped.  I continued around the card front until I was satisfied with the look.

Using a Black Fude Ball Pen I drew a dashed line around the card front.  I also used it to draw the line holding the birdhouse.  The birdhouse (another Wendy Vecchi super stamp - Simply...Art) was inked with Jet Black Archival and stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with distress markers and a water brush.  I put a small bit of foam tape behind it for dimension.  The WV sentiment was stamped in JBAI.  The card front was then layered onto Bazzill card stock.

More cards coming later this month using this stencil....so many ideas, and I don't mean just color options!

No comments:

Post a Comment