Thursday, April 21, 2016

Special memories

A friend of mine recently lost her father.  I was hoping that Wendy Vecchi's Repeating Quilt Stencil would look just as nice in masculine colors as it does in bright spring ones.  What do you think?
Here I used Gathered Twig and Hickory Smoke distress inks.  Using Wendy's new stencil I smeared Texture Paste through it; let it air dry; then colored it with distress markers (greens, browns, oranges).  The sentiment (coordinating stamp set with the stencil - Simply...Art) was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.  The card front was layered onto kraft colored cardstock then a dark gray card.

If you don't have this stencil, I think you'd really enjoy having it in your collection. 

1 comment:

  1. Susan - this is beautiful!! I HATE making sympathy cards... I am so bad at it! I think I finally have one for Susie ready though. Love the background on this one - you did good kid!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete