Monday, April 25, 2016

Thinking of you


Yet another friend has lost her father.  I hope this isn't a growing trend.

On mixed media cardstock I spread a thin layer of gesso; let air dry.  I scribbled Tim's new distress crayons all over it.  I rubbed, misted, rubbed some more, heat set, scribbled some more, etc. until I was happy. 

Once again I used Wendy's Repeating Quilt Stencil but this time I used Jet Black Archival Ink on the whole thing.  I did heat set it before drawing diagonal lines using a gold Sailor pen.  'Thinking of You' was stamped with clear embossing ink and Ranger's Ultra Fine Gold Embossing Powder was added and heat embossed. 

This layer was added to a gold-rimmed layer (gold embossed same as above) then layered onto yellow cardstock that had shimmery gold dots/splats all over it.

Don't the gold lines add a whole new look to the stencil?

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Susan! It is good to see some other approaches to the sympathy card.
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete