Saturday, April 2, 2016

Watercolors are perfect for sympathy cards

A friend from NJ recently lost his 92-year old sister.  I know the family loves watercolors as much as I do so this image was perfect.

The image is 'Gentian' by Art Declassified and was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink on watercolor paper.  I used various distress markers and a water brush to color the image.

I applied Versamark Ink to Tim Holtz/Sizzix 'Swirls' embossing folder.  I carefully placed the card front over the folder, pressing firmly all over to transfer the ink.  This was done a 2nd time but to the mat behind the image.

The message is from My Sentiments Exactly and was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.



This is the 5th sympathy card in the last month or so I've had to make.  I hope the trend doesn't continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment