Friday, January 27, 2012

Warm wishes to you

I needed to make some RAKs and my good friend up north of the border had posted a really nice card I used for inspiration.  Her card can be found here.  I'll definitely be using this idea again as it's so versatile.  Since the calendar says it's winter I thought I'd go with that for my theme.
I found the polka-dotted cardstock in my stash and thought it lent a more wintery feel to the card.  The snowflakes were punched using a Martha Stewart hand punch then covered with clear Stickles.  The Spellbinders mitten was run through a Sizzix texture plate then highlighted with whatever blue distress inks were on my blending tool.  The cuff is Liquid Applique that I let set up then applied heat with the Ranger heat gun.  Both sentiments were stamped in Denim Adirondack ink; the square one was edged with my brown foam blending tool. 

The sun is currently shining and the temperature is in the low 40s here in east central Illinois.  My daffodils and tulips are up 2-3" already.  The calendar may say 'winter' but my yard and gardens are saying 'spring'!

4 comments:

  1. Cool card Susan! No pun intended...lol... love the cuff on the mitten! I know, isn't this weather beyond crazy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! I love the look of that liquid applique on the cuff. I have that stuff, but keep forgetting to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like that liquid applique on the cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just darling! Glad I could be a source of inspiration to you! Not sure how often that actually happens with someone if ever! lol

    ReplyDelete