Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grungy Monday and birthdays

If you're a follower of Grungy Mondays then you'll know that Tim Holtz' birthday is the 7th.  The lovely Linda thought the best challenge this week would be to create birthday cards for the man.  She'll even supply his address if you want to send him your greetings.  I have a lot on my plate this week and wasn't going to participate but this sentiment has been bugging me for quite some time.  I just had to alter it a bit and knew it was perfect for Tim.
I started out with Tim's clock mask and Blue Patina Perfect Pearls (made my own mist).  Using an EKSuccess punch I made another mask of Mickey and sponged in the centers with Black Soot Distress Ink.  From Calendars 1 I stamped 'January' in Jet Black Archival Ink and distressed with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I crumpled it a bit before adhering to the background.  Umbrella Man die is 'da bomb'!  He was cut from black cardstock and elevated with grungepaper leftover bits.  The sentiment was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink and cut out, edging the words with blue and brown distress inks.  'Never' was cut from the Typeset die in black cardstock then covered with Glossy Accents.  The background was layered onto a sheet of black cardstock that had distressed edges.  My message inside has to do with betting he never thought his days at Ben Franklin would lead to where he is today. 

Hope your birthday is filled with lots of wonderfulness, Tim!

7 comments:

  1. HI Susan. Your Umbrella Man card to Tim is cool! Love the masking and the Mickey Mouse silhouettes in the background! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mickeys! He will too, I'm sure. Terrific card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card - love the little Mickeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special card! Love how you worked in the tiny Mickey's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card Susan, I loooove Brolly Man and how cool using the sentiment like that! Happy New Year to you... hope 2012 is a good one for you x

    ReplyDelete