Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eye heart nature

Boy, Linda sure picked a challenging technique for this week.  Back in August 2008 Tim shared how to create fragments with a resist look.  I've not been very successful recreating his look.  I've reinked my Jet Black Archival Ink Pad thinking that was part of the problem but it doesn't seem to matter.  What does matter is the density of the stamp image and the timing of not letting the ink dry and wiping off the ink completely.

My #8 tag was covered with page from an old dictionary that was glued with Glue N' Seal then treated to Old Paper and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains and edged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.  Nature's Elements and City Central  (eye) were the stamp sets I used.  The heart stamp is by Hero Arts.

Ranger:  Meadow, Oregano, Watermelon, Cranberry, Sunshine Yellow, Butterscotch, Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta, Ginger, Espresso, Sailboat Blue, Denim Alcohol Inks; Jet Black Archival Ink; Glossy Accents

Sizzix:  Typeset die

Note to self:  be careful with the Glossy Accents around the edges of the fragments...it can give a bleed through look...not always pretty.

But it's true, I do love nature!

4 comments:

  1. I think your tag turned out really well. I agree, this is a tough technique. Glad to know someone else was having some issues. I'm still not done with mine! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag-love the pretty colors! I had issues with the glossy accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love those colors! I know, that tech is kinda tricky, but yours turned out fab!

    ReplyDelete