Monday, January 16, 2012

Anything but a card

I was working on the packaging for my sister's birthday present when I remembered the SimonSaysStampandShow challenge.  I'd already created the gift tag, courtesy of Lynne Forsythe's blog.  A combo of the two and I've met the challenge requirements.  Without further ado I present 'the present'.
close up of tag



Using mini rosettes left from a previous project I added alpha circles spelling out my sister's name.  She wrote poetry when she was younger and my mom still had many of them.  All I did was scrapbook them, going along with the theme of the poems.  It was quite fun and I knew she'd prefer it over a photo album like I'd given my other siblings. 

You might not be able to see all the layers on the tag but there's quite a bit going on.  Go check out Lynne's, it's really, really cool.  You'll definitely want to create one yourself.

Supplies: 
Crafters Workshop: Mini Capricious acrylic template
Sizzix:  Tattered Leaves, Tattered Florals, Mini Paper Rosettes dies
Ranger:  Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Pine Needles Distress Stains; Butterscotch, Espresso Color Washes; Claudine Hellmuth gesso, Matte Multi-Medium; Jet Black Archival Ink
Tim Holtz:  Retro Grunge and Shabby Chic cardstock
Studio 490:  Dimensional Rose Art (leafy flourish)
Cornish Heritage Farms: sentiment on small tag (no longer in business but I think the images may be available elsewhere)
#8 manilla tag

Thanks, Lynne, for a super tutorial on your tag!  Now I have to go shopping and get some Glimmer Mist sprays that I don't have!  What an enabler you are!  lol

9 comments:

  1. Susan.....YOU SOOOOO ROCKED your tag!!! just love the colors you used....and your sister willll LOVE HER packaging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! I wouldn't want to open it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Cat on this one - if the wrapping looks this good, you don't ruin it by opening the present. It's way too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you've spelled her name out and your tag is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cool Susan! She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Susan. Your work on this is so professional looking. Your sister will LOVE it! The tag is lovely and your sister's name spelled out on rosettes looks awesome. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag! and love how you added her name to the packaging. She will love it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Loving this colour pallet Susan - love the contrast of the tag against the background - a fabulous gift!!! Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is SO pretty. What beautiful colors and a wonderful tattered flower. Love what you did with the mini rosettes too! So glad you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete