Friday, January 20, 2012

Technique journal

I was looking at Roni's blog and saw that she was creating a technique journal and adding calendar pages to each month.  Not having anything else to create (uh huh) I decided to follow along.  Instead of using a house template I chose to use Tim Holtz' vintage valise.  The pages are embellished simply since the main focus should be the technique.  Sometimes my results weren't quite the same but it was fun nonetheless.  I bound my journal using the Cinch. 

Blogger, being Blogger, decides what order the photos will go.  How frustrating!













Supplies:  black and white gesso; Perfect Pearls mist; sand paper; Glossy Accents; glitter; wax paper; regular and glossy cardstock; pigment, distress, embossing and archival inks; embossing powder;; bleach; white gel pen; ; bubble wrap; crayons; Distress Stains; thick and thin glues; pigment powders (I used Pearl Ex and Perfect Pearls); Distress Stickles; crackle paint; paint dabbers; Glue N' Seal; Sizzix dies and embossing folders; stamps by Stampers Anonymous and Hero Arts; Maya Road chipboard letters; Spellbinders dies; Tim Holtz's holiday sticker; Martha Stewart punches; chipboard; Terminology Tissue paper; Crackle Accents; Tim's tiny fasteners

3 comments:

  1. They all turned out super Susan!!

    I'm so glad you played along and had fun! That's the most important thing :)

    Enjoy your calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic Susan! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever and useful, too!

    ReplyDelete