Friday, January 6, 2012

Trifecta

I'm usually not very good at combining multiple challenges but I was lucky this week.  Over on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group we were discussing inspirations words for the year.  I chose 'create' because I wanted to go beyond what I've been doing.  Following the InkStains blog, Roni is creating a house journal of monthly techniques complete with a calendar per page, even providing some links to small ones that are a great size to use on most projects.  I decided not to use her house template but instead Tim Holtz' Vintage Valise die...a die that I've had but never used.  Doesn't that constitute as something new?  If so, then it will work for the SimonSaysStamp&Show blog where 'something old, something new' is the theme.  The Terminology Tissue Wrap is also new but everything else I used and every technique is old (at least it's been used or I've done it before).  I was also able to use one of Shelly Hickox's tutorials to create a faux enamel (number) tag.  She was recently asked to design some pieces of art for Tim so you know she's got some great ideas!
I crumpled the Terminology Tissue Wrap before adhering it to the chipboard valise.  Several distress stains were wiped/smeared on it.  The corners were colored, distressed and have Crackle Accents on them.  The long strips and hinge pieces for them were stamped with background stamps from Studio 490.  The Maya Road chipboard letters were colored (roygbv), distressed and have Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint on them. 

Once all 12 calendar pages of techniques are complete I'll be binding this using my Cinch.  On the back of each page I've listed the supplies used as well as the directions.  This will be another handy, all-in-one journal that I can use when my mojo has taken a leave of absence.

Ranger:  Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Stains; Gathered Twigs, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Black Soot Distress Inks; Coffee, Jet Black Archival Inks; Rocky Candy Distress Crackle Paint; Gold Paint Dabber; Crackle Accents; Glue N' Seal

Maya Road Chipboard letters

Tim Holtz:  Vintage Valise die; Terminology Tissue Wrap; Tiny Fasteners

Studio 490 stamps:  Ticket To Art, Believe In Art

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! I love your vintage valise. I just ordered that die cut. I cant' wait to get it!!! Love your exterior on this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Love the way your suitcase came out, the tissue tape is great as is that neat hanging tag.

    ReplyDelete