Saturday, November 19, 2011

Women only

Now I ask you, what's more womanly than a Studio 490 stamp set from the creative Wendy Vecchi?  Once before I saw a piece of jewelry in a magazine that really caught my eye.  I recreated it using stamps, metallic papers, blingy buttons, etc.  Now I've found another one and it really caught my eye...it looks amazingly similar to Wendy's stamps.  So....

I've included the inspiration piece from the catalog...do you see the similarities?  How could I not use Wendy's stamps and  Clearly For Art to recreate this piece? 

The sheet music was colored with Peeled Paint and Forest Moss distress stains.  The leaves were stamped with Jet Black archival ink.  The bird was inked using Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot and Ripe Persimmon distress inks and stamped on text from an old bird identification book.  Once everything was dry I adhered the papers to Clearly For Art using Ranger's Glue N' Seal.  I ran a brayer across the layers to make sure the bond was good then cut out the leafy branch and bird.  I punched tiny holes, shaped with my fingers and the HeatIt tool, added jump rings, chain and voila! 

If my maternal grandma were still alive it would be going to her because cardinals were her favorite bird.  Instead, I'll wear it in her memory and add it to challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog. 

You just never know when or where you'll find inspiration...it's all around us, we just have to be open-minded to see it.

9 comments:

  1. I love it susan. It is wonderful frame it or wear it that is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so creative. I love it. Gorgeous necklace! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your inspiration and how you ran with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Susan! What a beautiful piece. I like yours better than the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete