Saturday, November 5, 2011

Our house, is a very, very fine house...

with 2 cats in the yard.  No, back up...they're not in the yard...we don't let them outside.  But I digress.  This week the challenge on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog is all about houses.  Mine is totally created from scratch.  The only thing that was pre-made was the wreath.
This is a gingerbread house aka tissue box cover.  I found the tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers quite some time ago and have used it often.  Last year I made quite a few as gifts.

I found some really cool almost suede-like paper that I thought made for some great gingerbread.  I darkened the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The rest of the details I think you can figure out so I'll just list the ingredients.  I've dimensionalized (I've coined a new word!) everything by at least 3 layers and/or 3 colors.

Here's a view from the top so you can see all the snowball shingles on top as well as the chimney.

Ranger:  Weathered Wood, Aged mahogany distress inks; Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door distress stains; Diamond Stickles; Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door distress stickles; Gold paint dabber; White Enamel Accents

Tim Holtz:  Scallops on the edge die; Woodgrain, Bricked embossing folders; Gingerbread; Kraft-Core Bazzill paper; grungeboard J (candy cane)

Misc:  1/2" circle punch, buttons, wreath, bakery twine, Deco Art glistening Snow Writer, Sizzix snow mound die, Martha Stewart goo punch, Lucky Squirrel Canvas White Shrink Plastic, toothpick

3 comments:

  1. Susan...this tissue box cover is sooo cute! I love all the little details you've put into this...the buttons, the die cuts, the wreath on the door...even the snow drifting on the door tops! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! This tissue box cover is amazing. What a clever design and I agree they would make sweet little gifts! Love all the awesome embellishments, especially the gumdrops and the multi colored row of buttons. Thanks so much for really jumping in and embracing our house challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this is such fun! What a labor of love to make them as gifts! Just how many shingles are on the roof! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete