Sunday, November 27, 2011

Artist at work...do not disturb

If you create handmade gifts for the holidays, you know this is the mantra right about now.  December 1st is rapidly approaching...so Christmas is almost here!  I've been busy in my art room trying to fulfill obligations so that I can get in there and start on my gift-making.  One of the obligations is to use Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts over on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group.  I also wanted to make a cover for some 6x6 chipboard pages I received in a swap so this was a perfect match.

My chipboard covers were covered in Worn Lipstick distress stain, aged with Vintage Photo distress ink and edged with the Gold paint dabber.  One of Wendy's background stamps was inked up with clear embossing ink and clear powder was used to set it.  It's hard to see but it's behind the torn piece of text.  Using Pool and Stream paint dabbers I inked up grungepaper, art parts and alpha charms.  All stamps are by Studio 490 and were inked with Jet Black archival ink.  Dangling from the spine is a bamboo tile that was colored with Perfect Pearls (no, I don't remember what colors...this was in a drawer), jump rings and beads.  The large rings are actually from a wine charms kit.


Hope you are able to make art without being disturbed...too much!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I love the limited edition and do not disturb ... and the bling ... and the colors.

    ReplyDelete