Sunday, November 13, 2011

Re-use, recycle, repurpose

Gee, that's been my mantra for a long time so I'm glad to see that this theme for the challenge on the Simon Says Stamp & show blog.  I've been saving used coffee filters the past few weeks just so I could make a garden full of flowers for some friends of mine.  Even though the coffee filters were really cool in their used state I wanted to add more color so out came the distress stains and inks.  You can cut multiple layers of flowers in the Spellbinders dies since the filters are so thin.  What a timesaver!

This is a 6x6 heavy duty chipboard  page that is covered in Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas and plenty of her paints.  The flourishes (Coffee archival ink) are Studio 490, the butterfly and my initial are from Maya Road, Martha Stewart branch punch, and Sizzix swirly heart frame.  The purple Washi tape just doesn't like sticking to the canvas...perhaps it wasn't dry enough.  I did stamp some text on it in Jet Black archival ink and it's only barely seen which is fine. I've done some hit-or-miss with the Gold paint dabber and there's Rock Candy distress stickles on both layers of the butterfly.  The heart and initial were covered in Walnut Stain and Dusty Concord crackle paints; more Coffee archival was smeared into the cracks.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Studio 490 art parts you used on this. Those coffee filter flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love how you made your flowers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete