Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time passages

Can you hear Al Stewart singing about 'time passages'?  I can...love the album and all the songs on it.  Okay, so I'm dating myself by saying I listen to the 33 rpm album...lol!  But I digress.  This tag is for the MakingArt! challenge on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group.  The theme is time and can be interpreted in many ways.  I chose one of Wendy's sentiments that makes me think of Al's song.

Wendy's stars were clear embossed and lots of blue distress inks were used on the tag.  Gathered Twigs distress ink was used on all the edges of the tag and bird.  The small bird was stamped on grunge paper 3 times because I wanted both wings to be separate from the bird so it would appear to be in flight.  Wendy's alpha bar stamp and a hole punch give me the letters atop the stars.  Wendy's clock was stamped on shrink plastic in Cobalt archival ink; all other stamping was done in Jet Black archival ink.  Like the lacy bit at the bottom?  That's from Tim's Vintage Lace decorative strip die.  Love all 3 patterns on it and I know it will be appearing in more of my art work.

Studio 490 stamp sets:  Celestial Art, Rose Art Part 2, Alphabetically Art, Lower Case Art

1 comment: