Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm truly blessed!  Not only do I have my health (okay, a few issues but who doesn't?), family and friends, but an amazing husband who's so supportive and generous.  And he's had some good ideas for cards, projects, and is a good critiquer (helps me decide if something is okay or not).  So, between us we came up with this project that covers the challenges on Simon Says Stamp & Show (tickets) and Grungy Monday (the techniques Tim used on his pumpkin for Ranger).  I even pulled in Tim's recent tutorial on gilded kraft glassine.  Once again I called on Diane Zechman's Tissue Box Cover that I found on Splitcoaststampers' site.  Yes, I've used it numerous times but it's easy and so much fun to make one to suit the occasion or decor.





There are tickets on the top (tissue tape) and 2 of the sides.  On the top is heat embossing while on the sides are alcohol inks on foil (also embossed in Tim's folder), embossing on 3 of the sides and colored with chalks, Glossy Accent and inks, and the gilded kraft glassine leaves are on the bottom picture.

It's probably easiest just to list all the products used; you can probably figure out how I made everything but you can always send me an email with questions.

TH/Sizzix:  Pocketwatches, Thankful Silhouettes embossing folders; branch tree, mini acorn, mini tattered leaves, mini pumpkin, mini ticket, mini ornamental dies

Add'l TH products:  memo pins, kraft core core'dinations paper, seasonal paper stash (Thanksgiving greetings), kraft glassine paper, tickets tissue tape, sanding block, tiny attacher

TH stamps:  Falling Leaves, Odds and Ends

Studio 490:  Celestial Art (background stamp)

Ranger:  Rust, Caramel, Oregano, Butterscotch alcohol inks; Gold, Copper Mixatives; Frayed Burlap, Fired Brick distress stains; Crackle Accents; Glossy Accents; Gold paint dabber; Jet Black archival ink; Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Ripe Persimmon distress inks; Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain distress stickles

Misc: Bazzill BonBon cardstock, Craf-T Products Decorating Chalk, Martha Stewart ribbon, foil tape

Whew!  I think you need something to pick you up if you've read this far.  How about dessert?  My first pecan pie!  Made the crust from scratch and added tiny pastry maple leaves around the edge. 
Hope it tastes as good as it looks!  Have a wonderful and blessed thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! What a really great idea and way to cover a regular old Kleenex box!! I love it!!! I love every side of it!! All so "autumnal" and fun! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! And so does the pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, Susan! Love all the TH techniques you included. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW1 Gee you worked hard for this challenge and what a great way to decorate an everyday object! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful unique piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I call a double act - ditto here - quite a crafty eyed hubby although haven't got him at the table yet. Also get his critique, which sometimes gets me stomping off as he points out the bit I know ain't working! Love your creation - fabulous textures, colours and a really great idea - so much to see and enjoy! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I love pecan pie, and yours looks so yummy with those maple leaves. Great project too!

    ReplyDelete