Sunday, November 6, 2011

In loving memory

At first I thought this week's Grungy Monday challenge was a bit strange...to create a loving tribute to someone no longer in our lives.  But then I got to thinking about it being Halloween (the first day of the challenge), the Day of the Dead, etc. and figured it fit in pretty well.  My best friend for nearly 21 years was my cat, Pi.  When I got her as a 6-week old kitten my 10-year old mind would never have thought about how long she would live.  She went from coast to coast with me, even doing a stint in Canada for a few months.  If she could talk I'm sure she'd share more stories than I would care for you to hear.  lol  She loved opening presents...tearing and clawing at the paper like a young child.  She knew a treat of catnip was inside...she just couldn't get to it fast enough!  Here's my #8 tag remembering my special friend one Christmas morning many, many years ago.

I used Tim's tag from the 12 Days of Christmas, Day 2, 2008 as my inspiration.  The pine tree stamp I created from his die and a foam sheet.

Ranger:  glossy cardstock; Denim, Stream, Slate, Eggplant, Silver Metallic Mixative alcohol inks; Bottle, Meadow, Espresso Adirondack inks; clear embossing powder; Blue Violet archival ink; Butterscotch, Cranberry Adirondack acrylic paints; Chipped Sapphire, Gathered Twigs distress inks

Tim Holtz:  Tag & Bookplate die, Pine tree die, snowflakes from Mini Holidays

Maya Road: large bottle cap, chipboard letters

2 comments:

  1. Susan, this is an absolutely wonderful tribute to your beloved cat! Pi was so fortunate to have been loved so dearly, and I know you feel equally fortunate to have had such a dear friend for so many years. Our animal companions are family, and such a great blessing in our lives. You've made something truly beautiful to honor your sweet, furry friend.

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, this is beautiful. What a wonderful way to remember. I am imagining even with the passage of time, making this tag was bittersweet. Pi certainly continues to enrich your life even now with her memory.

    ReplyDelete