Wednesday, June 2, 2010
On the EWV Yahoo group Lori is hosting a Twinchie (not Twinkie!) swap. I had lots of ideas but none of them worked out the way I had hoped. Sigh. Then a challenge was issued on the ATT Yahoo group using the techniques from TH's Compendium book. I really liked the brick texture fade and saw it used in the book. Finally, an 'aha!' moment. These flowers remind me of the poppies we have growing next to our brick home.
I ran grungepaper through the brick texture fade embossing folder and inked it up via the book (exactly as the directions say - a first for me!) I stamped one of Wendy's stems with leaves then stamped the leaves again on grungepaper and cut them out. Need dimension. I stamped out more flowers and overstamped them with several background stamps. Colored the flowers with the yellow & orange families of distress inks. I also sprayed the finished flowers with Sunflower PP mist. A few bit of sequins and gems topped them off. The word 'flowers' is from a longer sentiment that I stamped on a fragment using black StazOn ink. I edged the fragment with a gold paint dabber. I had already glued my background onto some grungeboard so adding the dragonfly brad was a bit of a challenge...until I used my TH scissors to cut off the brad legs and glue it down using Glossy Accents.
For a small piece of work this certainly took me longer to complete than I expected. Guess you just can't rush creativity!