Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stamp conventions

The stamp convention in W. Springfield, MA is this weekend. I miss it! I miss the road trip from central NJ with my friends. We'd shop going up, shop the convention, and shop all the way back. I don't think we left any store in NJ, CT, or MA untouched. LOL Then we started helping a local NJ stamp company (Another Stamp Company) set up their booth and man it as necessary. I have lots of good memories of those days. It was fun meeting up with fellow TJers, including Pat, to shop, share ideas, and swap ATCs, pins, or whatever.

This morning my friends from ASC called from the convention floor. We got to chat briefly before the phone was handed off to Pat, TJ queen herself! It was so much fun talking with her again. What an enabler she is! If you go shopping with her, beware! LOL Seriously, she finds great stuff and does amazing things with it. I hope some of that has rubbed off on me. I miss all my east coast friends but thankfully through blogs, facebook and emails we can keep in touch.

When you have the opportunity to attend a convention, make sure you look up others from your on-line groups. Great photo op and a chance to share your ideas, etc.
CHA in Chicago and Novi are coming up - maybe I'll see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. How great for you to be able to talk to your old friends! I'm sure that was a good time! I'd forgotten that you knew Pat, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete