Monday, June 14, 2010

Here's the card!

This is the card I made that will accompany yesterday's wall art for my mom.  The background was created by following the Antique Wallpaper tutorial that is in the June/July 2010 Technique Junkies newsletter.  I chose the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder; Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky, and Old Paper Distress Inks.  The green layer has been severely distressed around the edges before it was placed on the white base.

The Sizzix Floral with Leaves Flourish (656520) was cut out of grungeboard.  I covered it with Espresso Pigment Ink then brushed Distress Crackle Paint (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed) over the pieces and let air dry.  I smudged Tea Dye Distress Ink over the cracks to make them more visible.

I stamped '76' on cardstock then punched it out using a handheld punch (5/16").  Put it on my craft sheet then placed Tim's memo pin over it and filled the opening with Glossy Accents (recently seen on Wendy Vecchi's blog - thank you!).  I edged one of Tim's tickets with Broken China Distress Ink, ran the pin through it.  There is mounting foam to raise it up for dimension.  The ribbon is from Michaels (long ago purchase).

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, love all the crackle goodness on this one! And..I don't think I have that Sizzix die, hmm, thought I had all the flower ones...lol.. need to recheck and rethink the inventory... Love the colors, and grand idea using a dark ink on the grunge first before crackling, note to self. Love the memo pin idea! Yea, and now I think I need that CB embossing folder too, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you explain the process--great card with lots of great techniques on it.

    ReplyDelete