Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy anniversary to my dh of 23 years!

The chipboard heart book came from the $1 section at Michaels last year. I didn't like the papers that came with it so I turned them over and distressed them to my heart's content. Distressing can take me out of my mind and onto a happier plane, no doubt about it!  The calendar page was distressed  as were the backs of the puzzle pieces and the chipboard letters.  The text stamps are Wendy's (Black Archival Ink) and the flourishes (top and bottom of heart) are also hers but I used the gold paint dabber on them.  There's a bit of Stickles on the monogram, don't know if you can see it.  Well, better for my art to be distressed than my marriage!  Here's to many, many more years with this special guy!   

3 comments:

  1. OHHH Susan, I really like this. Hope you and Walt have a wonderful day celebrating your life together and planning for good times ahead. As usual I am in awe of your work - you have caught the Wendi Vecchi style and have given it a magical touch of Susan. Now get out of your stamp room and go give him a big smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a wonderful gift, I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete