Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Celebrate today

Recently I made a few more banners instead of cards for some special events.  I wasn't keen on the background paper (too cutesy, not vintage enough but the overall color was okay) so I smeared some pearl paint dabber over them.  The chipboard frame was run through an embossing folder, inked up, pearlized, inked up, wiped off, etc. to mimic the new background pieces.  There's some old film behind the frame.  The little girl was sent to me so I don't know anything about her (except that she was printed using an inkjet printer and didn't like Glossy Accents!).  I stamped Wendy's 'Celebrate today' on a fragment, there's deco paper behind it, glitzy black eyelet fibers finished it off.  The heart is a ribbon slider but I just stamped out the initial and glued it behind the heart.  A few Prima flowers and pearls, MS punch front and the banner was complete.  Oh, in case you're wondering, the banner is 3.5" wide by 5" long.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Susan, and aren't they fun to make? Something different for a change. Love how you altered the background paper, that's always a great idea when you don't like the paper, smear paint on it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this banner and your ideas for altering the paper!

    ReplyDelete