Monday, June 21, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities 2nd challenge - fragments basics

If I hadn't felt the compelling need to run out to a local stamp/scrap/craft/antique store this morning I would have posted much earlier today.  I also might have made a different tag.  :)  However, I had a 30% off coupon (that was good on most merchandise in the store!) and just couldn't pass up the opportunity to add to my stash of art stuff.  LOL  I did get the last 3 of Tim's embossing folders that I didn't own and scored big time on a 10' roll of Xyron magnet/laminate refill...$3.50!!!  I don't own the machine but figured I could still use the refill - somehow.

Lots about this tag that was changed from my original idea.  Sigh.  The background is blue and purple distress inks with a bit of Worn Lipstick to make it more plum in color.  The notebook paper was stamped on kraft paper using Plum Archival Ink.  WW Distress Ink was rubbed onto the paper after I tore off the bottom portion.  The pen nibs were stamped using Black Archival Ink - too bad I didn't notice until aferwards that they were upside down.  Another sigh.  The alpha background was also stamped using PAI.  I edged the tag with the black paint dabber.  I tried to add a spiral using Black Enamel Accents but it looked goofy so I added the dial (reverse side out because I liked the color better) and spinner.  I stamped my initials from Tim's Grunge Alphabet onto a scrap of tag.  Smushed blue and purple distress inks over them; Glossy Accents adhered the fragments to the letters.  Let dry.  Cut out.  Edged the fragments with the black paint dabber. 

9 comments:

  1. Susan, it's awesome! I love those colors, and the pen stamp on the aged paper looks really cool.

    Heck, if I had a 30% coupon, I'd be out the door, too!

    Thanks for rocking the Compendium Challenge, Week 2!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background colors. The fragments really stand out. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you got a lot done today! shopping and crafting. a dream day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day...shopping and making stuff :)
    I really like how your tag turned out! I'm inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deals, for sure! Love the tag, the notebook paper is really cool! Great idea with the fragments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully simple: This would make an excellent centerpiece for a journal cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab, I love your colours. I wish I had a craft shop nearby, 'specially one that gave coupons :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag-Tastic... and i didn't notice your nibs were wrong side up untill you mentioned it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Love the combination of colours you used! x

    ReplyDelete