Day 3 and Tim's challenging us to use tissue tape in a new way. It's not supposed to stick to itself but I found that several of my rolls were very much stuck to themselves but when I tried using it the tape wouldn't stick to anything. Go figure.
I chose various blues and greens alcohol inks for the ornament with a splash of copper mixative. I ran ginger, butterscotch, and copper alcohol inks over the tissue tape before it was made into the medallion. Okay, I didn't think outside the box on this one but have had the general idea floating in my head for quite some time. Felt I better use it before it was forgotten. All the stamps are Tim's.
So my Wendy version went light, bright and airy...again. This time the tissue tape collage is on the butterfly's wings. Pale yellow, orange and pink alcohol inks brought forth an image of spring. Never mind it's below freezing and starting to snow. There are several pieces of grungepaper and grungeboard between the butterfly, the 2 sets of wings and the body for dimension. This time the tissue tape flower does look like a flower. :) I chose an Easter sticker - the colors look nice with the tag. Maya Road sells the pink velvet gathered ribbon. The green rickrack was leaf green but a bit too bright so I ran one of the brown distress inks over it. The background bubbles, leafy stem and sentiment are from Wendy's collection.
Thanks to Ranger for all the great choices in coloring mediums!