Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 10 - recycling plastic

Our garbage can is usually pretty empty as we recycle so much or don't throw items away because they can probably be used some other way...some day.  It's a good thing we only have 1 car in our 2 car garage!  LOL  I've been keeping my acetate packaging for quite time so have quite a stack of flat pieces.  Tim must have seen the pile and came to the rescue when he used some in a texture fade folder for Day 10.

For my Tim-styled tag I chose the woodgrain texture fade, his reindeer (now Rudolph with a white tail and holly at his neck) and his three pines stamp.  On the deer (grungeboard colored with Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Vintage Photo) is stamped 'Merry Christmas' from the ATC 'First Christmas'.  A few of his snowflakes grace the top of the tag in a pearlized paint.  I do need to practice using the paint dabber around the edge of the tag...mine looks more like a stripe.  Oh well. 











For my Wendy-styled tag I chose Tim's Vintage Holiday texture fade.  Wendy's tree was stamped on harlequin grungeboard, colored with various green distress inks and the gold paint dabber, a twine garland and small red cardstock dots decorate the tree.  The tree and sentiment are from Wendy's 'Art of Making It Merry'.  Hint hint to Wendy...maybe a few more holiday-ish images?   I did pound some red brads after distressing them with some sandpaper.  


2 comments:

  1. Two more grand tags, Susan. Love Rudolph especially. I thought today's tag was great fun to do, and allowed me to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love using Rudolph, that is a wonderful idea, and your Wendy tag is just stunning, love how you used that collage texture fade over the tree! Another wonderful set of tags!

    ReplyDelete